Room 4 2010

Hello everyone, it is great to be back posting on our class blog. We have had a very busy Term 1. The weather has been stunning and we have been glad that our school has a lovely pool. We had our swimming sports in February. In Week 6 the Year 6's went to camp for 4 days. We went to Shakespear Lodge which is situated in Shakespear Regional Park on the Whangaparoa peninsula north of Auckland. I will get the students to post some comments and photos.
Mrs Mckenzie

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week 5 Term 4

You were all stars at your performance at the school assembly on Friday. Well done. I was very proud of you all. We have a busy week ahead of us and we are half way through the term. Bring your whanau gear every day this week as we will try and fit in athletics practices at lunchtimes. Remember to tell your families about our Guiness Book of Records World record attempt at 3:00pm on THURSDAY. We go to MOTAT on Thursday too so come in correct school uniform. You will have Ms Anderson teaching you on Monday and Tuesday as I am released to work with the senior staff on our 2009 plans and programmes. Remember to bring your 9 volt battery to school. We will get started on our electronics work on Wednesday. I have an interesting site for you to work on for Homelearning this week. Many of you were interested to know exactly how a battery works so that is what you will be learning about.
HOMELEARNING:
1. Click on the link to the Duracell Battery website in our Favourites list.
2. Click on "What is a Battery?" and read the instructions.
3. Click on "Components of a Battery" and read all the information there.
4. Click on "Important Battery Terms" and find out what they are.
5. Click on "How a Battery Works", read the information and answer this question
-When a device is connected do the electrons flow from the positive terminal or the negative terminal to produce a current? (Make sure you turn the switch on).
6. Click on "Life of a Battery" and find out what the life of a battery depends on.
7. When you have finished learning all about batteries you might want to have a go at the games in the "Fun Stuff" section in the top right corner.See if you can earn a gold medal.
8. Keep going on the Mathletics site and do the assigned pages in your Dragon Maths book.

What an exciting action packed week we are going to have!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Mac

I went to the womens worldcup yesterday.
They were playing soccer.
Korea was versing America guess wh won?
That part can I please share for NEWS?

BBPS said...

Sounds great! I don't know who won so I will look forward to you telling the class about it.
Mrs Mac

Anonymous said...

My blogs changed a little please
check it out.
Emily

Pink Crystals said...

hi Mrs McKenzie!
I'm sorry i was late for school!
Can't wait untill our MOTAT TRIP!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been there!!! so i think I'll have a nice time!!!!
Bye AMY!!!!

BBPS said...

Hello Amy I am glad you are looking forward to going to MOTAT, I am too. I know you will enjoy it.
Emily I had a look at your blog-WOW what a busy blogger you have been. Well done. See you at school tomorrow.
Mrs Mac